Today's Test Foods: Gu, Stinger, GFB, ramen, cranberries

Today's long run started my experiments with new foods to see what will work for my 50 miler. I'm keeping a page with all the foods, mostly for my own reference, over here.

Today:
  • Mike's Mighty Food Vegetable Ramen - pretty tasty, but too spicy for a running food.
  • Gu Espresso - Gu chocolate is my go to, so I decided to try this. Was not a fan of this flavor
  • Stinger honey waffles - not bad, but they'd probably be a backup food for me
  • GFB chocolate coconut balls - didn't like the taste of these at all. Couldn't even finish the pack despite being hungry. 
  • Dried cranberries  - not bad, easy to eat. I'm going to try some other dried fruits to see if any really grab me. There was nothing wrong with these, but I wasn't super enthusiastic about them.
Nothing made me sick, but no big winners in this group. All good data.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcasts!

Wildcat 100 Race Report

Jen's Rooster Romp 50K